Warning to consumers
Fraudsters are using the details of FCA authorised firms to try and convince consumers that they work for genuine, authorised firms. These fraudulent firms are known as “clone firms”.
Fraudsters usually use this tactic when contacting people unexpectedly, so you should be especially wary if you have been ‘cold called’ or if you are contacted upon expressing interest in a Great Point product on a third-party website. They may use the name of genuine Great Point Group companies, including the ‘firm reference number’ (FRN) issued by the FCA or other details.
Unlawful cloning of our website
We have been made aware of a company operating a website in the name of “GreatInvest.net” and contacting consumers, using our firm reference number as their own.
This website is not in any way connected or affiliated with the Great Point Group. If you have been contacted by a representative of this company or have used their website, you should contact the FCA’s Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.
If you are offered specialist deposit products, discounted lending solutions, unsolicited investment advice or free company or research reports, you should take these steps before handing over any money:
- Get the name of the person and organisation contacting you
- Check the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk to ensure they are authorised
- Use the details on the FCA Register to contact the firm
- Call the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768 if there are no contact details on the Register or you are told they are out of date
- Search the FCA list of unauthorised firms and individuals to avoid doing business with at www.fca.org.uk/consumers/scams
- Check the products and services available at Great Point by visiting Open Offers – Great Point Media
- Verify Great Point’s website and contact details by visiting Contact – Great Point Media
- Read about Take Five, a national campaign to help everyone protect themselves from preventable financial fraud at https://takefive-stopfraud.org.uk/
If you use an unauthorised firm to provide or receive access to financial products and services, you will not have access to the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if things go wrong
- REMEMBER: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Report a scam
If you are approached about a scam or you believe that you are a victim of fraud, you should tell the FCA using the fraud reporting form at www.fca.org.uk/consumers/report-scam-unauthorised-firm, where you can find out about the latest scams. You can also call the Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.
If you have already paid money to fraudsters you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
You may also wish to inform Great Point’s Compliance Department:
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 3873 0020
- Email: email@example.com