External Complaints Policy
Great Point Investments Limited (“GPI”) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) in the United Kingdom. The FCA sets specific rules and regulations for how authorised firms must handle and resolve complaints, in respect if regulated activities, from its customers. We are required to have in place effective and transparent procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints received from eligible complainants.
This document sets out the complaints handling procedures that we will follow in the event that you, as a customer, make a complaint.
2. What is a complaint?
A complaint is any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, from, or on behalf of, a person about the provision of, or failure to provide, a financial service.
3. Who can complain?
A complaint can be made by any customer or potential customer of GPI, known as an eligible claimant. An eligible complainant is defined as:
- A consumer;
- A micro-enterprise which is an enterprise which employs fewer than 10 persons and has a turnover or annual balance sheet that does not exceed €2 million;
- A charity which has an annual income of less than £6.5 million;
- A trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £5 million; or
- A small business which has an annual turnover of less than £6.5 million and employs fewer than 50 persons or has a balance sheet total of less than £5 million.
4. How can consumers make a complaint?
Customers can make a complaint by any reasonable means – for example, letter, fax, email, telephone or in person. It is free of charge to complain.
5. How do we deal with complaints?
Your complaint will be referred in the first instance to our Compliance Officer, as soon as possible. In the event that the Compliance Officer is involved in the subject matter of the complaint, your complaint will be referred to a Director of GPI.
We will promptly acknowledge your complaint in writing. In this acknowledgement we will provide the name and title of the person that is handling your online prescription complaint. We will give this individual the authority necessary to investigate and settle the complaint. We will also include a copy of this policy.
6. Investigating and resolving complaints
We will investigate your complaint fairly, consistently and promptly, determine whether the complaint should be upheld, and (if appropriate) determine remedial action and / or redress. We will set out our conclusions in a final response to you.
If we decide that redress is appropriate, we will aim to provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible. If you accept our offer, we will promptly provide the compensation to you.
7. Our timetable responding to you
We aim to resolve any complaints immediately at the point of contact, and preferably within one business day. Sometimes though, a longer investigation is required and in these cases we will keep you informed and updated on our progress and let you know when you should expect any matters to be resolved.
8. Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
If you are an eligible complainant, you are able to refer a complaint to the FOS if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint. Your rights are set out in the FOS’s leaflet Your Complaint and the Ombudsman, which we will provide to you as part of our response.
Please remember that if you wish to refer a complaint to the FOS, you must do so within 6 months of us sending you our Final Response. Further information can be found on the FOS website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
9. Closing complaints
We will regard your complaint as closed in the following circumstances:
- once we have sent you a final response; or
- where you have told us in writing that you accept an earlier response that we have sent to you; or
- if you refer your complaint to the FOS, when the FOS informs us that the complaint has been closed.
If you have any questions about our complaints process, you can contact our Compliance Officer, in one of the following ways:
Great Point Investments Limited
13-14 Buckingham Street
Telephone: 020 3873 0020