Great Point Media Limited ("GPM"
) and Great Point Investments ("GPI
), amend or delete any information we hold on you, or make a complaint about our processing of any information, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we say ‘personal data’ we mean information which can be used to identify you, such as your name, email, address, telephone number and so on. If you cannot be identified by the information (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymised) then this Privacy Notice does not apply.
We may need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Where a change is significant, we will let you know.
is defined as, for the periods in which they are in force, the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, all laws giving effect or purporting to give effect to the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (such as the Data Protection Act 1998) or otherwise relating to data protection (to the extent the same apply) and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/670) (GDPR
) or any equivalent legislation amending or replacing the GDPR.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect your email address and name when you complete a form on our website. You are under no obligation to fill in this form when you use our website and it asks for the minimum amount of information necessary. We do not pass your information on to any third parties. You are entitled to request a copy of your information to correct any inaccuracies or you may request that we delete your information.
2. How do we use the information collected?
We may use the information you provide to us to:
- Consent: In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent (which for the avoidance of doubt you are entitled to withdraw at any time).
- Contractual obligations: We may process your information where it is necessary to either enter into a contract with you for the provision of our products or services or to perform our obligations under that contract or to provide you with advice or guidance in relation to our products or services that are offered by
- Legal compliance: If the law or any regulator in any competent jurisdiction requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data and also provide this to any such regulator
- Legitimate interest: We may process your information in the day to day running of our business, to manage our business and financial affairs and to protect our customers, employees and property. It is in our interests to ensure that our processes and systems operate effectively and that we can continue operating as a business. In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with the requested information, it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your account and/or provide products and services to you and/or you may be in breach of a statutory and/or contractual requirement, the consequences of which would be decided in accordance with the applicable statute or contract.
3. Where is the information stored?
Information which you submit to us either via our website or otherwise is sent to a server located in the European Economic Area (EEA
In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services. We will ensure that any transfer of personal data to a third country or international organisation (including any onward transfer to another third country or international organisation) is undertaken in accordance with one of the following GDPR requirements:
- It is transferred on the basis of an EU Commission adequacy condition; or
- The transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards; or
- GDPR provides an exemption or derogation
4. Who do we share your information with?
We do not customarily share your data with any third parties save with our professional and legal advisers and/ or to any governmental authority. On express instruction from your financial adviser, we may, in certain circumstances pass on your data to specified third parties.
5. How long do we store your information for?
We operate in accordance with the storage limitation principles, which means we will not retain your data for longer than necessary for our data processing activities. We may in limited circumstances keep personal data for longer periods, where we intend to process information for archiving purposes.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing?
We may use your details to send you information by email about our events, business updates or our publications. We will provide you with the right to unsubscribe to these communications as part of each such communication and at any time by contacting the email address set out above.
7. Cookies and Analytics
8. Data Controller
For the purposes of the GDPR, the data controller (as defined under European Data Protection Legislation) is Great Point Media Limited. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is ZA072009.
9. Your Rights
The GDPR provides specific rights for individuals in terms of how we process their personal data:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restriction;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
We will ensure we respect and adhere to your rights.